Mise en ligne le 8 nov. 2011 par 15maio2011
Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend. The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
– What is a rebel? A man who says no.
– You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question.
– He who despairs over an event is a coward but he who holds hope for the human condition is a fool.
– Man is the only creature that refuses to be what he is.
– It is the job of thinking people, not to be on the side of the executioners.
– Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
– Men are never really willing to die except for the sake of freedom: therefore they do not believe in dying completely.
– The only conception of freedom I can have is that of the prisoner or the individual in the midst of the State. The only one I know is freedom of thought and action.
– Children will still die unjustly even in a perfect society. Even by his greatest effort, man can only propose to diminish, arithmetically, the sufferings of the world.
– Man wants to live, but it is useless to hope that this desire will dictate all his actions.
– If Christianity is pessimistic as to man, it is optimistic as to human destiny. Well, I can say that, pessimistic as to human destiny, I am optimistic as to man.
– The principles which men give to themselves end by overwhelming their noblest intentions.
– In default of inexhaustible happiness, eternal suffering would at least give us a destiny. But we do not even have that consolation, and our worst agonies come to an end one day.
– Virtue cannot separate itself from reality without becoming a principle of evil.
Page connexe A propos de ce blog